Friday 18 December 2015

Newsletter 18th December 2015

Dear Parent/ Carer,
A big thank you to those of you who came out to support the school Christmas performances this week. I am sure you will agree that the quality has been second to none… I am still smiling! Well done to all who took part.
The children have had a great time today for their Christmas parties; I have had a wonderful last day visiting classrooms, saying Goodbye to the children and busting some groovy moves!
I would like to share some great news regarding out Sports provision. This week our school had a fantastic time at the John Charles Centre for Sport. Pupils competed in a number of different water based events- from the egg and spoon race to water polo! We were extremely proud of the efforts of all pupils whose hard work paid off, resulting in 1st place in a water polo tournament and a 2nd place overall. Congratulations to all our pupils who represented the school, and a special thank you to Mr Malley in particular but also Mr Grenfell and Mrs Perry who were superb in helping to organise the events.
Well, what a fantastic last week. For me personally, it has been extremely bitter sweet; thank you all so very much for your kind words. Knowing that my time here has made a difference to your children really means everything to me. I am extremely grateful for all of your best wishes; my family and I intend to make the very best of our time in Dubai and we are lucky that we are able to take so many happy memories with us.
I know that you will all make Mrs. Harris feel incredibly welcome in January. In the meantime, have a restful, enjoyable and peaceful Christmas.
With warmest wishes and for the last time…

Mrs Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment